ICU is an integral part of the hospital that provides continuous monitoring of the patients who have
- Critical illness
- Undergone major surgeries
- Severe instability
- Infections like acute pancreatitis
- Trauma like blunt/perforated abdominal trauma
- GI bleeding
BIG is focused on treating patients with life-threatening illnesses or injuries with standard monitoring protocols and best-in-class facilities including a complete line of modern supply units with round-the-clock expert’s availability and support staff.
The division of ICU in BIG has dedicated ICU doctors, nurses, and allied staff with well-defined policies, procedures and integrated services. At BIG, ICU is designed in such way that it allows a direct line of vision between the patient and the central nursing station, and located near ER and OT which is easily accessible to clinical lab and operating rooms.
- 12 bed ICU and 8 bed High Dependency Unit (HDU) for patients requiring optimal care
- Pendant system as practised by western hospitals, to facilitate movement and to provide optimum functionality
- High illumination and spot lighting
- Completely motorised ICU bed with supporting devices like ventilators, pulse oximeters, patient monitors, infusion pumps, bi-pap machines, portable diagnostic machines, defibrillators, feeding tubes etc.
- Shock-proof ICU bed with supporting devices like ventilators, pulse oximeters, patient monitors, infusion pumps, bi-pap machines, portable diagnostic machines, defibrillators, feeding tubes etc.
- Fully air-conditioned with Hepafilters which allows control of temperature, humidity, and air changes
- Modular design with sliding doors and partitions to facilitate visibility
- Non-slippery floors, able to withstand abuse and absorb sound while enhancing the overall look and feel of the environment
- Well-furnished counters and cabinet
- Isolation rooms for immunocompromised and other patients.