During Your Stay
Be it for a planned surgery or unexpected admission – A journey to hospital can be a daunting event for patients and their families. At BIG Hospitals, we aim to provide the best hospital journey and enhancing your care. We always encourage our patients to know about the entire hospital stay process from the condition, diagnosis, treatment to post-hospitalisation care for their better understanding.
Here is the list of practices you can follow for a stress-free and safe hospital stay.
1. Time to contact Insurance Company
When you go to avail the medical services at BIG Hospitals,
- Please notify your hospital stay in advance to your respective insurance company.
- Get to know the insurance policy and coverage details before you get admitted.If you need any assistance about the entire insurance coverage process or have any queries related to the cost of your care at BIG Hospitals, please contact our customer care representatives at 08067779777/11/+91 9108031252
You should know about the treatment been given to you, duration of the treatment, risks and benefits, and follow-up check-ups. Please consult your respective doctors for more info.
Get the complete medication list that you are currently following and carry this list each time you see a health provider, including allergies to any medicines or dyes/contrast medium.
4. Tests and Surgery
- Make sure your doctor explains the procedures to carry on the diagnosis and all the test results to you. Be clear about your understanding of results
- Before signing any Informed Consent for the planned operative procedure, be aware of all the key information about surgery that includes a description of the procedure, risks & complications, benefits, and reasonable medical alternatives
- Make sure your surgeon explains you the benefits and risks/complications
- Ensure to know on continuing healthcare requirements, that is post-hospitalisation care,needed to be carried at home before you leave BIG Hospitals
5. What to Bring
- Photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport ID, and an address proof.
- Insurance card and information for insurance claim
6. Your Room
At BIG Hospitals, you will be provided a room based on your booking, availability on the day of your admission. All rooms are furnished with an adjustable bed, television, and you are assured to have a pleasant stay in a calm and relaxed environment.
7. Your Meals
We are committed to offering food to all patients that are hygienically processed and of high nutritional value.
Tailored as per the needs of the patients on day to day basis
No outside food is permissible within the campus. However, we have an in-built cafeteria for patients’ visitors/attendees.
8. Your Health Care Team
At BIG Hospitals, you will be taken care with utmost care and compassion by a team of dedicated hospital-based doctors, nursing staff and allied health staff. Other medical professionals like laboratory technicians, imaging technicians, dietitians, therapists and pharmacists will also be visiting as and when required.